Calendar of Events
- Current date
- Federal holiday
- LEHD event
Available on this page is a collection of navigational, technical, and contextual guidance materials for using QWI Explorer, OnTheMap and OnTheMap for Emergency Management, and the LED Extraction Tool. To inquire about training options, send an email to CES.Local.Employment.Dynamics@census.gov.
Annual LED Workshop
The Census Bureau convenes an annual workshop with state partners, federal agencies, and public and private organizations with shared interest every calendar year. The purpose of the annual workshop is to review progress, showcase use of data and analyses, solicit input and ideas, explore new concepts and uses, and discuss research and development directions for the coming years.
The Census Bureau conducts training for workforce investment boards (WIBs) to help them use the Local Employment Dynamics information they need for decision-making.
Workshop material are organized by year below.
Application Help and Documentation
View these comprehensive reference instructions for LEHD products and interfaces.
- QWI Explorer Help and Documentation
- OnTheMap Help and Documentation
- OnTheMap for Emergency Management Help and Documentation
- LED Extraction Tool Help and Documentation
Print these colorful hand-outs outlining specific functions and providing an overview of the LEHD program and each application
- LED Handout (136 KB)
- OnTheMap Handout (76 KB)
- OnTheMap for Emergency Management (219 KB)
- QWI 101 (204 KB)
Use these learning modules and talking points to prepare for upcoming training classes.
- LED Basic Training – Connecting Workers and Jobs (3.92 MB)
- Local Employment Dynamics: All about Jobs, Jobs, and more Jobs (4.79 MB)
- LED LODES – What Is LODES Data? (1.18 MB)
Technical User Guides
- Worker Employment (55 KB)
- Worker Employment Change (745 KB)
- Worker Earnings (408 KB)
- Firm Employment Change (878 KB)
Webinars, short for web-based seminars, are effective electronic learning platforms. The LED Partnership holds a monthly webinar series free to the public to explain the LED Partnership, the data it provides, and the many capabilities of its systems. These presentations help users to better understand the many LED services and use them in different areas.
Please contact CES.Local.Employment.Dynamics@census.gov if you want to attend these webinars.
Choose a year below to view webinar materials from that year.